Parking and Directions
We highly recommend the use of public transportation, biking or carpooling as there is very limited parking around the Greek Theatre. If you do drive, we encourage you to find parking lots in downtown Berkeley. Please plan accordingly to allow for the time necessary to find parking and walk through the beautiful UC Berkeley Campus up to the Greek Theatre. Heavy traffic is expected on all show days. Click here for a list of public parking lots off-campus and in downtown Berkeley. IMPORTANT: please consult signs for the most up-to-date hours and fees prior to entering any parking facilities.
Please note that the nearest UC Berkeley lots to the Greek Theatre (Lower Hearst and Upper Hearst) do not open for concert parking until 5:00pm, accept credit cards only, and have very limited spots available to the public.
Disabled parking is available at Upper Hearst parking garage at the corner of Hearst Ave and Gayley Road. Upper Hearst parking garage has the best path of travel (one relatively level block) from the parking area to the Greek Theatre. Please note that there is a curbside drop-off area on Gayley Road just north of the Greek Theatre entrance for passengers with mobility disabilities who prefer to minimize the travel distance to the Greek Theatre.
Directions and Transportation
The Greek Theatre is located at 2001 Gayley Road Berkeley, CA
Driving from Interstate 80
- Exit on University Avenue.
- Continue east on University until you hit the campus at Oxford Street (approximately 1.5 miles).
- Turn left on Oxford Street.
- Turn right on Hearst.
- Continue east up the hill past Euclid Avenue to Gayley Road.
- Turn Right on Gayley Road. The Greek Theatre will be on your left.
Driving from Hwy 24 Westbound
- Exit on Telegraph Avenue.
- Continue north on Telegraph approximately 2 miles to Durant Street.
- Turn right on Durant, and turn left on Piedmont Avenue.
- Continue north, and Piedmont will turn into Gayley Road.
- The Greek Theatre will be on your right.
Before you drive, consider one of these travel alternatives:
If you choose to bike to the show, bike racks are located just across the street on campus outside of the Haas School of Business. The ride to the Greek is uphill but makes for a nice cruise back down after the show!
If you are commuting from outside of Berkeley, BART is a great option. The closest BART station is Downtown Berkeley, which is located at Center and Shattuck. Visit www.bart.gov to find schedules and your nearest Bart Station.
- From the RICHMOND LINE - Exit at the DOWNTOWN BERKELEY STATION (Shattuck and Center Streets). Walk 1 block east on Center Street to the campus, then consult the campus map at the West Entrance and walk east across campus to the Greek Theatre (approximately a 20 minute walk) located on Gayley Rd.
- From the CONCORD LINE - Exit at ROCKRIDGE station and take a #51 AC Transit bus north on College Avenue to the campus and exit at Bancroft Way and College Ave. Walk east on Bancroft to Piedmont Avenue/Gayley Road. Walk north on Gayley Road and the Greek Theatre will be on your right.
BUS from BART
From BART you can take AC transit for $1.75. Check out www.511.org to help plan your trip.
- 51 – This bus picks up at Center & Shattuck and will take you to College and Durant. Continue to walk up Durant, turn left on Piedmont and walk until you reach the Greek (on your right).
- 7 – The 7 also picks up at Center & Shattuck but it comes less often. You can take the 7 to Durant and Piedmont and then walk north on Piedmont to the Greek.
- F & 52L – If you are coming from Hearst you can catch the F or 52L at Oxford & Hearst and take it straight to the Greek.
If you are in the area, take a nice walk up to Greek. It is a lovely walk through the UC Berkeley campus.
We encourage that if you do drive, that you carpool.